List: New Jersey ranked 8th in US for best state for working momsPosted: Updated:
WalletHub has released its list of the best and worst states for working moms in the U.S.
According to the list, New Jersey comes in eighth place.
The ranking was based on child care, professional opportunities and work-life balance.
New Jersey had a total score of 53.56, finishing seventh in child care, 36th in professional opportunities, and 13th in work-life balance
The number one state was Vermont, followed by Minnesota and Massachusetts at numbers two and three.
The bottom three were Alabama, Louisiana, and Idaho.
To see the full list, click here.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A man is facing nearly three decades in prison after taking a manslaughter plea in the death of his wife.
- Devil's food cake is dark colored and dense in texture, and today we celebrate it! Do you like devil's food cake?
- As "Game of Thrones" comes to a close, it's hard to ignore that without New Jersey author George R. R. Martin, the fantasy world of Westeros would've never been brought into existence.
- Families from across New Jersey came together Sunday to remember babies that have passed away.Families from across New Jersey came together Sunday to remember babies that have passed away.
- There are more than 1,000 people listed as long-term missing in New Jersey and about 320 unsolved unidentified human remains cases.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Photos of the professional career of Tiger Woods.Photos of the professional career of Tiger Woods.
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.
- News 12 wants to see photos of how you spend Mother's Day honoring your mother, grandmother or any other special woman in your life!