South Brunswick Mayor Christopher Killmurray passes awayPosted: Updated:
South Brunswick is mourning the loss of its mayor, Christopher Killmurray.
Killmurray, 55, died Sunday morning at home surrounded by his family.
Killmurray became mayor just under a year ago, following the death of another beloved mayor, Frank Gambatese.
He led a life of public service, first elected to council back in 2003.
Killmurray was also a Rutgers graduate and a partner at a law firm.
Many people are paying their respects on social media including the police department, who wrote on Twitter, "He was a passionate public servant who gave his all to his community and family.”
Killmurray is survived by his wife Karen and their four children.
Funeral arrangements have not yet been made.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Families from across New Jersey came together Sunday in Bradley Beach to remember babies who have died.
- After eight years, and many deaths, HBO's "Game of Thrones" is finally over. Are you satisfied with the ending?
- Hundreds of thousands of BTS fans are heading to MetLife Stadium Sunday evening for the second show of the weekend, making for a potential messy commute.
- Oprah Winfrey made a surprise visit to a New Jersey high school to say she's giving $500,000 to an initiative aimed at keeping kids off the streets from 6 p.m. to midnight.
- There was a small explosion Sunday night at a chlorine plant in Kearny following a fire there Friday evening.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Photos of the professional career of Tiger Woods.Photos of the professional career of Tiger Woods.
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.