5 hospitalized in South Amboy fire

Posted: Updated:
SOUTH AMBOY -

Five people were taken to the hospital Saturday after flames ripped through a home in South Amboy, authorities say.

Firefighters responded to 300 Cedar St. around 1:30 p.m.

Flames were coming out of the front of the multifamily building, with heavy smoke.

All 10 residents managed to get out of the home, but five were hospitalized with minor injuries. Among them were four children and a grandmother.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."