Public safety director grills top cop over racy pics
The controversy surrounding Hoboken Police Chief Carmen LaBruno and members of the SWAT team headed before the City Council Wednesday night.
Public Safety Director Bill Bergin reported to the City Council behind closed doors. After the council reopened the doors to the public, it maintained a wall of silence. Council members said they agreed not to comment until the investigation is complete.
Prior to the council meeting, Bergin said he gave LaBruno a list of 20 questions about what went on during trips to Louisiana to help with Hurricane Katrina relief. Bergin said LaBruno has been fully cooperative during his investigation.
Pictures recently surfaced of the now-disbanded SWAT team, toting machine guns, with girls working at an Alabama Hooters. The team was allegedly on its way back from a hurricane relief mission. Photos of LaBruno also surfaced showing the chief posing in New Orleans with a flasher.
Bergin disbanded the SWAT team earlier this week.
Meanwhile, an attorney representing internal affairs and the Hudson County Prosecutor?s Office are both conducting separate investigations.
Related Information:HobokenSWAT team disbanded over racy photos