2 dogs perish in Belleville apartment fire

One woman lost her whole apartment in a Belleville fire that claimed the lives of two pet dogs Friday.

Jenny Ordinola lost nearly everything she owns after fire destroyed her home at 27 Church Terrace. All of the 14-unit apartment building's residents escaped unharmed.

Sadly, fire officials say Ordinola's two dogs, a Yorkie and a Shih Tzsu, died due to smoke inhalation. Authorities say all of the damage was likely the result of an accidental electrical fire.

"There's a lot of damage there," says Capt. Joe Troise, of the Belleville Fire Department.

Ordinola's sister, Cathy, says Jenny will now move in with her.

"Everything's wet, everything's burned, everything's gone," says Cathy Ordinola.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."