Firefighters save man from fire in Orange

An Essex County family?s home was destroyed and several firefighters were injured in a fire that broke out on Mountainview Avenue in Orange Sunday.

Fire officials do not know the cause of the blaze. But witnesses who were in the home believe the fire was started by a malfunction in an electronic device. Despite the flames, firefighters entered the home and rescued Ivaun Joseph, the property owner. Firefighters helped Joseph and shortly after that, flames spread to the roof.The fire captain at the scene said that some firefighters suffered minor burns to their ears. The firefighters were treated and released.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."