Grease fuels major fire in Clifton restaurant

Posted: Updated:

Firefighters spent Wednesday evening battling a restaurant fire in Clifton that forced several people to evacuate their apartments.

Officials say a grease fire sparked the blaze at the Main Street Clifton Restaurant at 341 Clifton Ave. Firefighters say they made headway putting out the flames by fighting the fire from the roof. The building contains other businesses and residential units upstairs.

Tenants are seeking temporary shelter at a local church until the damage can be assessed.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."