Dog seriously hurt in Union City after eating meat studded with pins

Posted: Updated:

Police are warning dog owners to beware of food left in the open after a dog was injured when it ate meat stuffed with straight pins at a Union City park.The dog?s owner altered police after the dog was seriously injured. The pins shredded the dog's stomach. Police say they suspect the incident might be a copycat crime. New York City has experienced similar crimes.Dog lovers strolling the park with their pets said they were being extra careful. Erik Keuling and his Italian Greyhound Sofia live across from the park. Keuling says he walks his dog a few times a day and considers her part of the family. He said he hopes police can catch whoever is out to hurt dogs. Police are urging pet owners to stay vigilant as they continue their investigation.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."