Man killed, wife sickened by CO poisoning

Posted: Updated:

A man has died and his wife is fighting for her life after being overcome by carbon monoxide fumes.



It happened Wednesday afternoon at 12 Cottage Court in Berkeley Heights. The couple apparently left their car running inside the garage, possibly overnight.



The man was pronounced dead inside his home. His wife was taken to the hospital and is in serious condition.



It is unknown whether the car was left running intentionally or if someone simply forgot to turn it off. Family members were too distraught to speak with News 12 New Jersey.



The Union County Prosecutor's Office is investigating.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."