Investigators: Parsippany-Troy Hills fatal fire likely started in kitchen

A fire in Parsippany-Troy Hills that left a man dead Wednesday morning likely started in his kitchen, according to Morris County investigators.



The investigators also say it looks like the fire started on the floor near electrical appliances.



The fire broke out Wednesday around 4:15 a.m. at 300 Parsippany Blvd. in the Colonial Heights apartment complex/building. It started on the second floor of building 4.



The victim's name is not being released, but he is believed to be a 64-year-old man who lived alone.



No one else was injured.



Two apartments were damaged in the fire.



Prosecutors say it doesn't look like anything criminal started the blaze.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."