2 Ridgewood firefighters hurt battling house fire in Glen Rock
Two Ridgewood firefighters were hurt fighting a fire that sparked Monday in the basement of a house in Glen Rock.
The fire started around 7:30 p.m. in the home on the 500 block of Prospect Street. The firefighters who were hurt were previously assisting in fighting a massive fire at the Marcal Paper building in Elmwood Park earlier that afternoon.
Glen Rock Fire Chief Tom Jennings says the firefighters were hurt when they fell through the floor of the house. They were pulled out by two firefighters from Glen Rock.
"We've got to give credit to our two people who helped save these guys' lives tonight," Jennings says. "The training kicked into action and they did what they were trained to do."
The home was badly damaged and the residents will not be able to stay there for the time being.