Homeowner escapes burning house in Brick Township

A large fire in Ocean County's Brick Township may have sparked from a portable heater Friday afternoon, according to witnesses.



Dozens of firefighters arrived after the flames broke out on East Pampano Drive, across the bay from Mantoloking.



Neighbors say it began in the garage, which was charred black once crews extinguished the flames.



The male homeowner was inside alone at the time. He was able to make it outside, but paramedics took him to the hospital out of precaution. He's expected to be OK.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."