Lakewood dormitory fire displaces 50 students

A fire that broke out in a Lakewood Jewish dormitory has displaced at least 50 students.



Lakewood police say the blaze broke out at the Mesivta of Lakewood on the 800 block of Countyline Road around 7:30 p.m. Friday.



The fire was quickly put out by the Lakewood Fire Department, but two dormitory rooms located in the basement were damaged by the fire and smoke.



Investigators believe the fire may have been started by a candle.



There were no reports of any injuries.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."