Dozens of people back in homes in Asbury Park after gas leak forced them out

Dozens of people are back in their homes in Asbury Park after a gas leak forced them out. 



It happened on Mattison Avenue and Langford Street Tuesday night.



According to police, contractors struck a gas main, causing the leak.



Dozens of residents were evacuated as a precaution.



Neptune's office of emergency management helped take readings and evacuate residents.



EMS buses provided shelter and warmth for the displaced residents. 


sorry to interrupt
your first 5 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 5 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."