Small explosion burns Clark homeowner

Police say a man was burned Thursday after his dryer exploded inside his home in Union County.



According to officials, an owner of a home on Fairview Road was drying clothes around 2 p.m. when an explosion occurred at the rear of the dryer. They say the blast blew out windows in the back of the house, damaged sheetrock and caused a small fire.



Fire officials say the man suffered minor burns but will be able to return to his home. No one else was injured.



Elizabethtown Gas is trying to determine whether the explosion is linked to a natural gas line. 


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."