Crews respond to electrical fire in Saddle Brook

A house in Saddle Brook caught fire after a car crash into a utility pole on Saddle River Road Friday afternoon.



Fire officials say that the car crash was caused after the driver was overcome by a cooler full of dry ice.



When the driver opened the cooler inside the car he passed out. Dry ice is carbon dioxide, which displaced oxygen in the car.



The driver was taken away to the hospital. Police say he was not seriously injured.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."