Jefferson man credits neighbor for saving him from fire

A victim of a house fire in Jefferson is crediting a neighbor for saving his life.



The fire started around 5 a.m. Monday at 9 Millburn Drive.



Fire victim John McMahon says he would have slept through the fire if not for the efforts of his neighbor.



He says that James Hine beeped his horn outside the burning house to get McMahon out safely.



Officials say they are investigating if a recently bought air conditioning unit may have malfunctioned and caught fire.



 


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."