Consumer Alert: Car complaint index
The car complaint index is a list of the top vehicles with complaints on file with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Automotive consumer advocate Mike Sacks says that the major complaint this year for most of the cars on the list are transmission issues.
The top 5 cars on the list are:
5. Volkswagen Golf - Transmissions that surge or lunge
4. Subaru Outback - Excessive oil consumption
3. Jeep Cherokee - Transmissions that surge or lunge
2. Acura TLX - Transmissions that surge or lunge
1. Chrysler 200 - Transmission issues
Automotive experts say that if a consumer owns one of the cars on the list, they shouldn't panic, because they say that even the worst cars built today tend to be made better than the best cars built 20 years ago.
A full list of the cars can be found on the Lemon Law website.