Electric shock suspected in near drowning at NJ motel pool

A New Jersey man is in critical condition Tuesday, days after nearly drowning following a suspected electric shock in a south Jersey shore motel pool over the holiday weekend.



Witnesses say 34-year-old Greg Subiszak was spotted face down in the Aztec Motel pool Saturday night in the town of Wildwood Crest.



A teenager who tried to save Subiszak, of Fair Lawn, New Jersey, tells WPVI-TV that his body tensed up and began shaking after jumping in. A maintenance worker shut off the electricity and pulled Subiszak out. The worker and a guest performed CPR. Subiszak is hospitalized in Philadelphia.



Motel owner Adamo Pipitone says the pool will stay closed until it's cleared to reopen by county health officials. He speculates a short in a lamp post is to blame.



Police are investigating.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."