Woman dies in Keansburg apartment fire

KEANSBURG - Neighbors have identified the victim of an early morning apartment fire in Keansburg. Neighbors say Patricia Laird had multiple sclerosis and could not get out of the building in time.

Authorities responded to a report of smoke and flames coming from the home on East Church Street at 12:34 a.m. It took about 30 minutes to extinguish.

First Assistant Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni says the cause of the fire is accidental. Officials haven't ruled out whether or not a cigarette is to blame. Neighbors say the victim was a smoker.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

A house in Manalapan caught fire after it 1 House catches fire on Dancer Lane in Manalapan
The owner of Jewelry Expo in Union Township 2 Sleight-of-hand thieves steal $10K worth of jewelry
On a busy Friday morning, just seconds before 3 Good Samaritan saves woman's life, gets robbed in Edison
Officials say the 15-year-old jumped off a ledge 4 Police save teen from drowning in Prospect Park
Here is the latest weather forecast in your 5 WC Morning WX

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

It's good to know you have Walt Kane Kane in Your Corner

It's good to know you have Walt Kane in your corner.

News 12 takes a look at the hottest Tech Check

Eric Landskroner has a look at the latest gadgets and biggest stories in tech.

News 12 On the Scene

Check out these exclusive videos from New Jersey celebs!

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE