Vigil set for boy, 9, apparently killed by carbon monoxide in Linden

A candlelight vigil is planned in memory of a 9-year-old boy believed to have been killed by carbon monoxide inside his family's New Jersey home.

Carbon monoxide poisoning kills a 9-year-old boy and

Carbon monoxide poisoning kills a 9-year-old boy and sickens his 10-year-old sister in Linden. (Credit: News 12 New Jersey)

LINDEN - A candlelight vigil is planned in memory of a 9-year-old boy believed to have been killed by carbon monoxide inside his family's New Jersey home.

Oshiobugie Asekomhe and his 10-year-old sister, Emike, were unresponsive when their mother found them in their bedroom Tuesday morning in their Linden home.

Oshiobugie later died at a hospital. Police say his sister is in extremely critical condition at a hospital Wednesday morning.

The Home News Tribune reports a vigil is scheduled for Oshiobugie Saturday evening at Dorothy Ford Park.

Authorities say high levels of carbon monoxide were found in the bedroom. They say the carbon monoxide may have been caused by the improper venting of fumes from the home's furnace.

Authorities say a carbon monoxide detector didn't appear to be working.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

A North Jersey Coast Line train struck a 1 Family escapes car before it's hit by train
VIDEO: Sneak peek at new Seaside Heights roller 2 VIDEO: Sneak peek of new Seaside Heights roller coaster
VIDEO: Deal reached on Rockland sheriff's deputies contract 3 VIDEO: Deal reached on Rockland sheriff's deputies contract
A 19-year-old dual U.S.-Israeli citizen covers his face 4 Israel police arrest suspect in threats on US Jewish targets
VIDEO: Yonkers Mayor Spano delivers State of the 5 VIDEO: Yonkers Mayor Spano delivers State of the City address, Part 1

advertisement | advertise on News 12

More News

Carbon monoxide poisoning kills a 9-year-old boy and Police: Carbon monoxide poisoning kills boy, injures sister

Authorities say carbon monoxide poisoning likely caused the death of a 9-year-old boy and seriously

Carbon monoxide poisoning kills a 9-year-old boy and Authorities ID boy apparently killed by carbon monoxide

Authorities have released the name of a young boy apparently killed by carbon monoxide inside

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE