LINDEN - A vigil was held in Linden Saturday evening to remember the 9-year-old boy who passed away this week after being overcome by carbon monoxide.

Oshiobugie Asekomhe and his 10-year-old sister, Emike, were unresponsive when their mother found them in their bedroom Tuesday morning in their Linden home.

Emike survived and is in critical condition.

Authorities say high levels of carbon monoxide were found in the bedroom. They say the carbon monoxide may have been caused by the improper venting of fumes from the home's furnace.

Authorities say a carbon monoxide detector didn't appear to be working.

"I pray God keeps him in a better place," said Sefiatu Abu, the boy's mother.

The vigil was held in Dorothy Ford Park, where Oshiobugie's former teachers and neighborhood parents came to support the grieving family.