EDISON - After a malfunction that authorities are calling a "premature ignition," a fireworks show produced by a New Jersey-based company above San Diego Bay was over before it was supposed to start.
The Coast Guard says the mishap occurred minutes before the scheduled opening of the Big Bay Boom show, causing a display that was planned to last nearly 20 minutes to burn up all at once. Augie Santore, owner of Garden State Fireworks of Morris County, blamed a computer virus that caused the fireworks to ignite prematurely.
See below for other views of the "show" that were posted to YouTube. DISCLAIMER: The videos may contain obscene language.