UNION - A massive fire burned this morning at a house in Union on Potter Avenue. The fire has left a family homeless and sent three firefighters to the hospital.

Firefighters first arrived on the scene at 8:30 a.m. and were still battling the fire at lunchtime.

The fire chief says it started in the basement and then flew through the walls up into the attic.

The family was able to get out of the home unharmed, but was too distraught to talk on camera. State fire marshal investigators were at the scene of the fire and are still looking into what caused it.