Students hold blood drive to help shortage in New Jersey
Numbers & Links
NJ blood inventory levels are critically low on O NEG, O POS, A NEG & B NEG with less than one days supply of these types. Donate blood today or tomorrow at donor centers in Shrewsbury, Howell or Toms River.
• Colts Neck High School – Saturday, January 11th 9:00AM – 2:00PM. 59 five Points Rd & Rt 537, Colts Neck, NJ
• Community of St. Clements - Sunday, January 12th 8:30AM – 1:00PM. 172 Freneau Ave, Matawan, NJ
• St Martha’s Church - Sunday January 12th 9:00AM – 2:00PM. 3800 Herbertsville Road, Point Pleasant
• Jersey Shore Medical Center – Monday, January 13th 11:00AM – 4:00PM. Blood mobile in Booker Lot
• Howell First Aid Squad – Saturday, January 18th 9:00AM – 1:00PM. 16 Kent Rd, Howell
Call ahead to schedule appointment: : 888-71-BLOOD
COLTS NECK - New Jersey is facing its largest blood shortage in recent history and one school is hoping it can get residents to donate.
Students participating in the Naval Jr. ROTC program at Colts Neck High School organized a blood drive today in the hope of collecting 35 to 40 pints of blood.
According to Central Jersey Blood Center's Leigh Wilkins there is just one-day supply of several blood types, including O-negative, O-positive, A-negative and B-negative.
READ MORE: New Jersey Top Stories
She says blood banks in New Jersey can't ask other states for blood as they too are experiencing the same shortages.