JERSEY CITY - The Sears store at Newport Mall in Jersey City is open again after dangerous levels of carbon monoxide were detected this morning.

Jersey City fire officials say there was a problem with the heating system at around 10 this morning.

That caused carbon monoxide to leak throughout the store.

PSEG was called to the store and confirmed the reading. The heaters were shut off until the carbon monoxide levels dissipated.

The store was evacuated until the source of the gas was located.

The store reopened at around 1 p.m.