Saddle River hospice evacuated after carbon monoxide scare

A Bergen County hospice will be inspected today following a carbon monoxide scare last night.Officials say an alarm went off last night at the Villa

SADDLE RIVER - A Bergen County hospice will be inspected today following a carbon monoxide scare last night.

Officials say an alarm went off last night at the Villa Marie Claire in Saddle River. High carbon monoxide readings were reported coming from the basement of the building.

Authorities say 11 residents and four workers were evacuated just before 9 p.m. yesterday. They were taken to the hospital as precaution.

CDC Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Awareness

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

VIDEO: Interview with mother of transgender girl 1 VIDEO: Interview with mother of transgender girl
This is a sketch of a suspect wanted 2 Police impersonator sought in New Milford
Jersey Weekend Buzz 3 Jersey Weekend Buzz
The body of Trupal Patel, 29, was found 4 Discovery of body in Wall prompts murder investigation
The body of Trupal Patel, 29, was found 5 Discovery of body in Wall prompts murder investigation

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

It's good to know you have Walt Kane Kane in Your Corner

It's good to know you have Walt Kane in your corner.

News 12 takes a look at the hottest Tech Check

Eric Landskroner has a look at the latest gadgets and biggest stories in tech.

News 12 On the Scene

Check out these exclusive videos from New Jersey celebs!

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE