Man killed, wife sickened by CO poisoning

A man has died and his wife is fighting for her life after being overcome by carbon monoxide fumes.

A  man has died and his wife sickened by carbon monoxide poisoning after leaving car running.

A man has died and his wife sickened by carbon monoxide poisoning after leaving car running. (6/17/15)

BERKELEY HEIGHTS - A man has died and his wife is fighting for her life after being overcome by carbon monoxide fumes.

It happened Wednesday afternoon at 12 Cottage Court in Berkeley Heights. The couple apparently left their car running inside the garage, possibly overnight.

The man was pronounced dead inside his home. His wife was taken to the hospital and is in serious condition.

It is unknown whether the car was left running intentionally or if someone simply forgot to turn it off. Family members were too distraught to speak with News 12 New Jersey.

The Union County Prosecutor's Office is investigating.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

1 VIDEO: Interview with Vape L1FE owner Jai Gyorfi on vape flavoring ban
Police in North Brunswick looking for alleged bank 2 North Brunswick police looking for alleged bank robber
An infant and three others were hurt when 3 Infant, 3 others injured after car and school bus crash
News 12 New Jersey - Weather On The 4 New Jersey Weather Forecast
5 VIDEO: Pro-President Donald Trump rally held in Middletown

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

It's good to know you have Walt Kane Kane in Your Corner

It's good to know you have Walt Kane in your corner.

News 12 takes a look at the hottest Tech Check

Eric Landskroner has a look at the latest gadgets and biggest stories in tech.

News 12 On the Scene

Check out these exclusive videos from New Jersey celebs!

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE