Jackson fire victims staying positive

A fire broke out in Jackson late Monday night, leaving 44 people homeless.News 12 New Jersey spoke to the Muchas, who were victims of the

JACKSON - A fire broke out in Jackson late Monday night, leaving 44 people homeless.

News 12 New Jersey spoke to the Muchas, who were victims of the blaze. The family won't be able to salvage anything from their apartment, but they are still staying positive.

Judy Mucha battled uterine cancer and Mark Mucha retired early because of his hip problems. The couple also needs dialysis three times a week. They moved to their apartment in October so Mark wouldn't have to climb the stairs. The couple spoke thankfully about the Red Cross, who put them up at the Freehold Radisson. The couple, who has been married for 35 years, and its son have chosen to remain positive.

The preliminary investigation reveals the fire was started by a cigarette. The Muchas say they hope to have another apartment to settle down in within a week or so.

Dozens left homeless after fire in Jackson

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

A small plane crashed onto a street in 1 Small plane crashes on Bayonne street
City officials in Newark have raided an apartment 2 Newark officials raid apartments, supermarket
Organizers say entering the icy water gives people 3 Residents take icy plunge in Asbury Park to help fight lupus
Three police officers have been released from the 4 3 officers injured in crash following pursuit in Newark
East Brunswick house fire leaves woman in her 5 East Brunswick house fire leaves woman in her 60s dead

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

It's good to know you have Walt Kane Kane in Your Corner

It's good to know you have Walt Kane in your corner.

News 12 takes a look at the hottest Tech Check

Eric Landskroner has a look at the latest gadgets and biggest stories in tech.

News 12 On the Scene

Check out these exclusive videos from New Jersey celebs!

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE