SPRING LAKE, NJ - Emergency workers rushed to St. Catharine School on Second Avenue in Spring Lake after several students felt sick during Mass in the gym.

Two of the students passed out.

The school was evacuated as a precaution. However, emergency workers found there was no carbon monoxide leak.

"No windows were open. It appears it was very hot in there, so two children passed out. We didn't know that at the time that the windows were closed and it was the heat," Spring Lake Police Chief Edward Kerr says.

The children were allowed back into the school around 11:30 a.m. As a precaution, an 11-year-old boy who hit his head when he fainted and an 8-year-old girl were taken to the hospital.