LINDEN - Funeral services are planned for a 9-year-old boy believed to have been killed by carbon monoxide inside his family's New Jersey home.

A candlelight vigil was held Saturday night for Oshiobugie Asekomhe, who died at a hospital Tuesday after he and his 10-year-old sister, Emike, were found unresponsive in a bedroom in their Linden home.

The girl is hospitalized in critical condition.

Authorities say high levels of carbon monoxide were found in the bedroom. They may have been caused by improper ventilation of a furnace.

A carbon monoxide detector didn't appear to be working.