PASSAIC - Funeral services were held Saturday for the two children who died of carbon monoxide poisoning in Passaic.

The children, along with their mother, were exposed to the poisonous gas while sitting in a car during last weekend's snowstorm.

They were in the car with the engine running as their father worked to dig out the vehicle from a large snow bank.

Officials say the tailpipe was covered, sending the odorless carbon monoxide straight into the car.

They say Messiah Bonilla, 1, and his 23-year-old mother died later that day. Saniyah Bonilla, 3, died a few days later at a hospital.

Funeral services for both children will take place at St. Nicholas Church and they will then be laid to rest at St. Peter's Cemetery in Garfield.

Funeral arrangements for their mother have not been announced at this time. A private wake was held for her on Thursday.