EAST NEWARK - Firefighters saved a beloved pet from an overnight house fire in East Newark.

The fire broke out at around 11 p.m. Tuesday on Grant Avenue. The flames quickly spread to a nearby public works garage.

A pair of firefighters searching the home found Zoe, a 9-year-old Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, struggling to breathe. They were able to get the dog outside and help EMTs give her oxygen. She is expected to be fine.

Firefighters from several fire companies were called in to help extinguish the blaze. 

No other injuries were reported. Both families that lived in the home are looking for a new place to live.