PLAINSBORO - Dozens are displaced after an early morning fire today at an apartment complex in Plainsboro.

Police say the fire may have ignited after someone dumped an ashtray into a plastic garbage can. The fire spread quickly and engulfed at least eight apartments. Firefighters were able to keep the fire contained to the one building, but not without some scary moments for neighbors.

Many residents had to jump from their balconies to escape the flames.

No one was hurt in the fire, but there was a large amount of property damage.