Officials in Edison are making final preparations for teachers and students who will attend class at a local county college after their school was destroyed by fire Saturday night.

A custodian was charged for allegedly smoking and discarding a cigarette in a trash can, which is believed to have sparked the fire that gutted the James Monroe Elementary School.

Officials met with parents...

Content Preview This content is exclusive for Optimum, Time Warner®, Comcast®, customers with access to News 12.

Already registered or an Optimum customer?
Log in
Time Warner®, Comcast® or Service ElectricSM customer?
Create an account
Not a customer?
Subscribe