TEANECK - (AP) - Authorities say an elderly couple died whena kerosene lamp apparently sparked a fire at their northern NewJersey home that had lost power during the weekend nor'easter.

Teaneck police tell The Record newspaperthat 86-year-old Alberta Mood - a double-amputee who used awheelchair - and her 88-year-old husband, Henry Mood, died in theblaze that began early Monday.

Neighbors say electricity has been out in the neighborhood sinceSaturday, when a fall snowstorm blew through the area. And policearen't sure if the couple was using the kerosene lamp was beingused for light or heat.

The lamp was in a first-floor bedroom where Alberta Moody's bodywas found.

Teaneck house fire leaves 2 dead