STAFFORD TOWNSHIP - (AP) -- Gov. Chris Christie says New Jersey will have enough federal aid to help rebuild all eligible homes destroyed by Superstorm Sandy.
Christie said at a town hall meeting Wednesday that the state will have funding in hand soon to move about 3,000 homes off a waitlist for the state-run home-rebuilding program. And with $882 million more coming to the state in a third round of funding that was announced last week, he says the remaining 3,000 will be able to be repaired.
Christie says the state will begin environmental and historical reviews on the last 3,000 homes soon in anticipation of the federal money.
Under the program, homeowners can receive up to $150,000 to cover repair and rebuilding costs not covered by insurance or other programs.