3 2/3 Cups - Flour (or 2 2/3 Flour and 1 cup cocoa power for chocolate biscotti)
2 Cups - Sugar
1 ½ Teaspoons - Baking Soda
¼ Teaspoon - Salt
1 ½ Teaspoon - Instant Espresso Powder or International Flavor Coffee
1 ¾ Cups - Toasted Hazelnuts or Almonds
2/3 Cups - Chocolate Chips
1 ½ Teaspoon - Vanilla or Almond Extract
5 - Eggs
* Preheat oven to 325o
* Combine dry ingredients in a mixer at low speed. (Can be mixed by hand.)
* Add cooled nuts and chips.
* In a separate bowl whisk eggs and flavoring.
* Add eggs to dry ingredients. Mix at low speed (or by hand) until dough comes together and cleans the sides of the bowl.
* Remove dough from the bowl and knead lightly adding additional flour as needed.
* Form the dough into 4 logs, cut logs in half, flatten a bit and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.
* Bake in oven 30-35 minutes until logs are firm and surface is cracked.
* Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes.
* Reduce oven to 300o.
* Cut logs on the diagonal, with serrated blade knife, into slices ¾" thick.
* Lay cookies flat on cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes, flip cookies over for 15 minutes more.
* Melt semi-sweet chocolate and dip ends of cookie.
* Drizzle melted chocolate over cookie tops.