Ingredients for the ricotta balls:
• crumbs of soft part of a Mediterranean style loaf 5oz
• Parmigiano Reggiano (grated) 2oz.
• Pecorino Romano (grated) 2oz
• black pepper
• 1 tbs of chopped parsley
• Ricotta cheese(ricotta made with sheep's milk is even better) 12oz
• 2 eggs
For the sauce
• 2 garlic clove
• Extra virgin Olive oil 5 spoons
• Can San Marzano D.O.P. whole peeled tomatoes 28oz (crushed)
• Salt to taste
• Fresh basil
Put the bread crumbs in a bowl with the ricotta, eggs, grated parmesan and pecorino, chopped parsley, salt and pepper and mix all the ingredients together. In a sauce pan put the garlic, oil and cook for a few min till the garlic gets golden (remove garlic), add the tomatoes with a couple of pinches of salt, bring to the boil and cook for 15 min. Once the sauce is cooked you can start preparing the ricotta balls. Grease your hands with a little olive oil and roll some mixture to make the balls as big as a walnut and put them one by one in the sauce. Cook for approx. 10 min sprinkle with fresh basil and serve immediately.