Bergen Co. man recovering after swallowing grill bristle

Doctors say a Bergen County man is recovering today after he accidentally swallowed a bristle from a grill brush.Officials say the bristle got stuck to

RIVER EDGE - Doctors say a Bergen County man is recovering today after he accidentally swallowed a bristle from a grill brush.

Officials say the bristle got stuck to the grill grate before becoming embedded in Michael DeStafan's steak. The River Edge resident underwent surgery last week to remove the one and a half inch object.

At first, doctors believed that he swallowed a nail, fish hook or paper clip.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

1 VIDEO: Nor'easter conditions hit New Jersey
Rough surf caused some beach erosion in Ortley 2 Strong nor'easter hits the Jersey Shore
Forecast: Storm exits, temperatures in the 40s 3 New Jersey Weather Forecast
NJ Transit warns riders to be prepared for 4 NJ Transit warns riders to be prepared for crawling commute
A powerful nor'easter caused some of the New 5 Flood pumps help keep Hoboken mostly dry

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

It's good to know you have Walt Kane Kane in Your Corner

It's good to know you have Walt Kane in your corner.

News 12 takes a look at the hottest Tech Check

Eric Landskroner has a look at the latest gadgets and biggest stories in tech.

News 12 On the Scene

Check out these exclusive videos from New Jersey celebs!

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE