LINDEN - Authorities have released the name of a young boy apparently killed by carbon monoxide inside his family's Linden home.

Nine-year-old Oshiobugie Asekomhe and his 10-year-old sister, Emike, were unresponsive when their mother found them in their bedroom around 7:30 a.m. Tuesday. Oshiobugie was pronounced dead at a hospital short time later, while his sister remained hospitalized Wednesday in critical condition.

Authorities say high levels of carbon monoxide were found in the bedroom. They say the carbon monoxide may have been caused by the improper venting of fumes from the home's furnace.

There was a carbon monoxide detector in the house. But authorities say it didn't appear to be working due to either corroded or old batteries.

Authorities say the incident appears to have been a "tragic accident."