UNION CITY - Six people, including two police officers, were hospitalized after being overcome by carbon monoxide fumes.

Police responded to a home on Palisade Avenue near 26th Street just before 9 p.m. Tuesday. Authorities reportedly shut off the gas to the house as there were high levels of carbon monoxide inside.

Four of the home’s residents were taken to Hoboken Hospital to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning. They are between the ages of 40 and 70 years old.

Two police officers were also taken to the hospital to be checked out.

All the victims are expected to make a full recovery.