6 children and grandmother hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning in Trenton

Six children and their grandmother were rushed to the hospital this morning with carbon monoxide poisoning. All seven victims were at a house on 945

All seven victims were at a house on 945 Carteret Ave. in Trenton when they were exposed to high levels of the toxic gas.

All seven victims were at a house on 945 Carteret Ave. in Trenton when they were exposed to high levels of the toxic gas. (11/30/13)

TRENTON - Six children and their grandmother were rushed to the hospital this morning with carbon monoxide poisoning.

All seven victims were at a house on 945 Carteret Ave. in Trenton when they were exposed to high levels of the toxic gas. The Trenton Fire Department says the house's heating system had malfunctioned and was not ventilating properly.

A neighbor told officials that the family had work performed on their heater yesterday.

Authorities say the father lives in the rental home with his six children and their grandmother. He and a neighbor both called 911 after the children said they felt sick.

The six children range in age from 3 to 13.

The home was condemned until the property is brought up to code and repairs are made to the heating system and chimney.

A firefighter told News 12 that a carbon monoxide detector was found in the house, but its batteries were dead.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Forecast: Nor'easter packing fierce winds, rain 1 New Jersey Weather Forecast
Authorities say 25-year-old Nathan Price fatally shot 21-year 2 Police seek suspect in Newark murder
Chopper 12 over house linked to Ft. Lauderdale 3 Chopper 12 over house linked to Ft. Lauderdale suspect
4 New Jersey Sportscast, Jan. 18
5 Police investigate killing of Newark man found on street

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

It's good to know you have Walt Kane Kane in Your Corner

It's good to know you have Walt Kane in your corner.

News 12 takes a look at the hottest Tech Check

Eric Landskroner has a look at the latest gadgets and biggest stories in tech.

News 12 On the Scene

Check out these exclusive videos from New Jersey celebs!

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE