6 children and grandmother hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning in Trenton

All seven victims were at a house on 945 Carteret Ave. in Trenton when they were exposed to high levels of the toxic gas.

All seven victims were at a house on 945 Carteret Ave. in Trenton when they were exposed to high levels of the toxic gas. (11/30/13)

TRENTON - Six children and their grandmother were rushed to the hospital this morning with carbon monoxide poisoning.

All seven victims were at a house on 945 Carteret Ave. in Trenton when they were exposed to high levels of the toxic gas. The Trenton Fire Department says the house's heating system had malfunctioned and was not ventilating properly.

A neighbor told officials that the family had work performed on their heater yesterday.

The six children range in age from 3 to 13.
 

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

One person was killed in a shooting on 1 At least 1 dead in Thursday night Newark shooting
2 New Jersey Sportscast, April 27
Sesame Workshop was honored in Long Branch for 3 Sesame Workshop honored for introducing Muppet with autism
VIDEO: Interview with former Suffolk County Executive Steve 4 VIDEO: Interview with former Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy
VIDEO: Interview with SUNY Old Westbury President Dr. 5 VIDEO: Interview with SUNY Old Westbury president

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

It's good to know you have Walt Kane Kane in Your Corner

It's good to know you have Walt Kane in your corner.

News 12 takes a look at the hottest Tech Check

Eric Landskroner has a look at the latest gadgets and biggest stories in tech.

News 12 On the Scene

Check out these exclusive videos from New Jersey celebs!

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE