5 workers overcome by carbon monoxide at Hammonton farm

(AP) - Five workers at a southern New Jerseyfarm were hospitalized Sunday after being overcome by carbonmonoxide fumes.Hammonton police say the five - whose names

HAMMONTON - (AP) - Five workers at a southern New Jerseyfarm were hospitalized Sunday after being overcome by carbonmonoxide fumes.

Hammonton police say the five - whose names were not released -were found outside a greenhouse on the farm around 8:20 a.m. Theywere taken to Virtua Berlin Hospital for treatment and wereexpected to fully recover.

The leak apparently was caused by a faulty heater or pipe in thegreenhouse on the Pine Road property, but officials say theinvestigation is ongoing.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Barre originates from ballet, and similarly aims to 1 Ready, Set, Fit: Barre
Barre originates from ballet, and similarly aims to 2 Ready, Set, Fit: Barre
News 12 New Jersey was on Lloyd Road 3 Powerful storm leaves behind damage across NJ
Two Ridgewood firefighters were hurt battling house fire 4 2 firefighters hurt battling house fire in Glen Rock
Drivers in Toms River got free gas on 5 Toms River drivers get free gas as new church promotion

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

It's good to know you have Walt Kane Kane in Your Corner

It's good to know you have Walt Kane in your corner.

News 12 takes a look at the hottest Tech Check

Eric Landskroner has a look at the latest gadgets and biggest stories in tech.

News 12 On the Scene

Check out these exclusive videos from New Jersey celebs!

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE