4 escape without injury after house fire in Moonachie

Four people escaped a large house fire in Moonachie that sparked inside their garage Thursday evening.

Four family members escape without injury after a house fire in Moonachie.

Four family members escape without injury after a house fire in Moonachie. (3/31/16)

MOONACHIE - Four people escaped a large house fire in Moonachie that sparked inside their garage Thursday evening.

The family was able to get out of the house without being injured, but the fire badly damaged parts of the home.

Fire officials believe the fire was caused by malfunction with a propane tank. The fire destroyed the home’s garage and spread to parts of the house.

Parts of the home suffered smoke and water damage, but officials say the home will still be inhabitable.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

One of the tickets was sold at the 1 Winning lottery tickets sold in New Jersey
Collection agencies working for the IRS may call 2 Consumer Alert: IRS collections
The water line feeds many homes and business 3 Water main break in Kearny affects Bayonne
A new United Way ALICE report has found 4 Report: 37% of NJ households can’t afford basic needs
Camden Street School in Newark honors Dr. Martin 5 Camden Street School in Newark honors MLK

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

It's good to know you have Walt Kane Kane in Your Corner

It's good to know you have Walt Kane in your corner.

News 12 takes a look at the hottest Tech Check

Eric Landskroner has a look at the latest gadgets and biggest stories in tech.

News 12 On the Scene

Check out these exclusive videos from New Jersey celebs!

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE