17 people taken to hospitals in Newark after possible carbon monoxide leak

An apartment in Newark was evacuated because of a possible carbon monoxide leak.

An apartment in Newark was evacuated because of a possible carbon monoxide leak. (8/7/13)

NEWARK - An apartment in Newark was evacuated today because of a possible carbon monoxide leak.

Newark fire officials says emergency crews were called to the scene of the apartment at 789 Summer Ave. after two people were reported to be unconscious.

A total of 17 people were taken to area hospitals with symptoms.

Fire officials says the carbon monoxide readings in the building were very high and that they are working with PSEG to track down the leak.
 

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

One person was killed in a shooting on 1 At least 1 dead in Thursday night Newark shooting
VIDEO: Interview with former Suffolk County Executive Steve 2 VIDEO: Interview with former Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy
VIDEO: Interview with survivor of human trafficking 3 VIDEO: Interview with survivor of human trafficking
VIDEO: Interview with SUNY Old Westbury President Dr. 4 VIDEO: Interview with SUNY Old Westbury president
News 12 speaks with residents about what they 5 Hudson Valley Talks Trump: Tax plan

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

It's good to know you have Walt Kane Kane in Your Corner

It's good to know you have Walt Kane in your corner.

News 12 takes a look at the hottest Tech Check

Eric Landskroner has a look at the latest gadgets and biggest stories in tech.

News 12 On the Scene

Check out these exclusive videos from New Jersey celebs!

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE