MOONACHIE - About 13 people were taken to a local hospital for respiratory issues after a fire extinguisher was discharged at an office building in Moonachie.

Police say they were called to the Movado Building at 105 State St. after the fire extinguisher was accidentally discharged.

Emergency crews from eight nearby towns responded to the scene, which is considered a hazmat operation.

Officials say dozens were complaining of breathing discomfort. Medical teams checked out anyone who felt ill.