EDISON - Federal Emergency Management Agency officials say disaster recovery centers in three New Jersey counties will close at the end of this week.
State and federal officials say the number of applicants seeking help at disaster recovery centers in Monmouth, Ocean and Cape May counties has dropped, indicating the information needs of survivors in the area have mostly been met.
Officials say the following centers will close at the end of the week:
MORE: Sandy Coverage
* The Brick Township Center, located in the Brick Township Civic Center, 270 Chambers Bridge Rd., will close at 7 p.m. on Friday, March 1
* The Little Egg Harbor Center, located in the Little Egg Harbor Senior Center, 641 Radio Rd., will close at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 28.
* The Toms River Center, located in the BellCrest Plaza, Storefront 4C, 953 Fischer Blvd., will close at 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 2.
* The Leonardo Disaster Recovery Center, located in the Henry Hudson Trail Activity Center, 945 Highway 36, will close on Thursday, Feb. 28 at 7 p.m.
* The Union Beach Center, located in the Union Beach Municipal Building, 650 Poole Ave., will close at 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 2.
* the Ocean City Center in the Ocean City Community Center, 1735 Simpson Ave., will close on Thursday, Feb. 28 at 7 p.m.
Three remaining disaster recovery centers will be open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Saturday, March 9. Their addresses are listed below:
Hudson County Government Building
830 Bergen Ave.
Jersey City, N.J. 07306
4403 Blackhorse Pike
Mays Landing, N.J. 08330
Ocean County Southern Resource Center
179A South Main St.
Manahawkin, N.J. 08050